Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Song Countdown: #7 Hallelujah Chorus

Here we are one week from Christmas.  One of my very favorite musical pieces associated with this time of year is Handel's Messiah: Hallelujah Chorus.  The way the song is written is completely genius and beuatiful all at once.  I love how the different vocal parts echo each other and compliment each other throughout the song.  The orchestra then does the same thing.  Being a trumpet player when I was younger, I listen for the brass and I love the trumpet solo when the Sopranos are singing "King of Kings...".  But my favorite part is probably when the men and women go back and forth singing "For the Lord God Omnipotent Reigneth".  The Tenors and Altos, Baritones and Sopranos balance each other perfectly. This particular version is even more beautiful due to the way the camera work and lighting is done.  Just a true worship song as we celebrate this very special day.  The day that God sent His son down to save us. I leave you with one final line from the song....

"...And He shall reign forever and ever."

Amen.

Hallelujah Chorus
By Georg Friedrich Händel
(performed by Mormon Tabernacle Choir)


No comments:

Post a Comment