Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Song Countdown: #20 Winter Wonderland

Today's song is a classic version of Winter Wonderland.  Mitch Miller & The Gang's barber shop quartet style is a throwback to the 1940's and 1950's.  This was one of those songs that takes me back to childhood.  It was on my parents' Christmas vinyl albums and it always seemed to get played when I visited my grandparents in Pennsylvania.  The style of song has extra meaning to me since my grandfather was in a barber shop quartet/quintent/chorus for most of his life singing baritone.  I don't have the wonderful deep baritone voice my grandfather had, so don't tell anyone, but I try to sing that tenor harmony when i'm by myself in the car. :)

Enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

Winter Wonderland
by Mitch Miller & The Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment