Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Song Countdown: #16 Angels We Have Heard on High

One of my favorite traditional carols is "Angels We Have Heard On High".  The song clearly tells the story of Christmas.  Its power lies in the ever familiar chorus "Gloria in excelsis deo".  When I was younger, this was always one of my favorite to sing in church because I knew the chorus and always loved trying to sing "Gloria" in one breath.  Today, the song means much more to me than that.  "Gloria in excelsis deo" is latin for "Glory to God on the Highest".  This version captures that perfectly.  Bocelli's beautiful tenor voice and the accompanying choir definitely give God great glory with this great carol.

Enjoy!  Merry Christmas

Angels We Have Heard on High
by Andrea Bocelli


No comments:

Post a Comment