Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Song Countdown: #21 The Christmas Song

This is one of the most beloved Christmas Songs of all time.  I truly believe just like you cannot have a Christmas song list without Bing, you can't have one without Nat King Cole.  This song hasn't always been one of my favorites, but it has grown on me over the years.  My favorite part of the song is the end, "Although its been said many times, many ways Merry Christmas to you."

I couldn't agree more.  We can get burned out and scrooged out with too many ways to wish "Merry Christmas", be it "Happy Holidays", "Merry Merry" or whatever it may be.  If I receive a "Happy Holidays" or something other than a "Merry Christmas" from someone, I'm grateful.  It gives me an opportunity to turn and wish them a "Merry Christmas".  So as we continue this countdown, even though you may be tired of it already, or you may think its too early, I'm wishing you a "Merry Christmas to you".

The Christmas Song
by Nat King Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment