Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Song Countdown: #12 O Tannenbaum

My final Vince Guaraldi Trio song in my countdown is "O Tannenbaum".  I love the trio's rendition of this classic song.  What I love most about this song, though, is the memories and thoughts it spurs in me when I hear it played.  During "A Charlie Brown Christmas", this song is played right when Linus and Charlie Brown are sent out to get a tree for the school play.  It then is played as a reprise later after Charlie Brown has his meltdown and Linus shares the story of Christ's birth from Luke 2.  We hear the trio's bass, drums and piano playing while Charlie is walking with his pitiful little tree back home.  Hearing this song reminds me it is Christmastime.

I pray that this will be your best Christmas yet and that you will draw closer to God than ever before this year.

O Tannenbaum
by Vince Guaraldi Trio


No comments:

Post a Comment