Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Song Countdown: #13 White Christmas

In 2010, we had a White Christmas in the Atlanta area for the first time in my lifetime, and I believe it was the first White Christmas in our area since the 1930s.  My point is that we don't get a White Christmas here very often.  It was quite amazing and definitely was almost "magical".   Today's Christmas song turns back to the secular nature in Bing Crosby's classic "White Christmas".  I do love it cold for about 6 weeks out of the year.  The time from Thanksgiving to new Year's, then I'm ready for warm weather.  I've been part of snowy Christmas days before when I visited my Grandparents in Pennsylvania.  In 2010, I finally experienced that here at home and it felt different when it happens at your own house.  I see why so many songs are about sleigh rides, snowy days and winter wonderlands.  It is almost magical when it all comes together.

On a side note, isn't it ironic that Bing sings about a "White Christmas" and a Hawaiian Christmas on the same album? I hope you enjoy this song today.

Merry Christmas!

White Christmas
by Bing Crosby

No comments:

Post a Comment