Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Song Countdown: #19 A Baby Changes Everything

Today's song takes us back to the true meaning of Christmas and tells part of the Christmas story.  I first heard this song a couple of years ago at our church's Christmas Service.  The one who sang it did such a beautiful job, and I remember being moved by the song and also noticing my wife in tears.  I love how this song captures what might have been going through Mary's mind as she took on this God-sized task.  This song also captures, in my opinion, how God came down and became man for us.  Jesus came into this world as a baby and did something amazing for us sinners - "A Baby changes everything".  This song also has a powerful conclusion.  The last verse is now the singer telling us how her life was changed by Jesus.  I pray this song stirs in your heart as it has mine.  I also pray that as you listen, that you realize all God did for you and me while we were still sinners, and how He loves you so much.  A Baby changed my life and I know He still is in the business of changing lives.

Merry Christmas!

A Baby Changes Everything
by Faith Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment