Tuesday, February 9, 2010

...So my journey begins

It took me a while to come up with a title to this blog. So when the words to the hymn "Blessed Assurance" wouldn't escape my head, I took the hint. I learned today that the hymn is based upon the scripture Hebrews 10:22, which says:

"let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water."

The first phrase of that passage is exactly what this blog is to be about - to help me and others "draw near to God" and to do so "with a sincere heart". Three years ago, where this story began, I did not have the assurance of anything, but today I do have "full assurance in faith" in CHRIST. Today I have peace, joy and happiness. I pray that you have the same, and if you do not, that this blog may help you "draw near to God" and know Him through His Son, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment