Friday, November 23, 2012

Christmas Song Countdown: #32 - Joseph's Lullaby

So I'm starting two days early. For the remaining days until we celebrate our Savior's birth, I will post a link to one of my favorite 32 Christmas Songs. Some of you may not be that fond of Christmas Songs. Some of you may be like me and absolutely love them, and could listen to them all year. I suspect most of you are in between. I find the sounds of this time of year are a big factor in getting me into the spirit.

Some of these songs are silly and funny, others have no words, but the majority of them capture what Christmas is really about. These songs are not "ranked". The numbers are just a countdown to Christmas. So here goes...

Joseph's Lullaby
By Mercy Me
http://youtu.be/9ehZ5s_icFE

This is a newer song in the realm of Christmas songs, but I believe the beautiful way it is sung combined with its powerful words, give us a small glimpse of what John writes in his Gospel "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us" -John 1:14a. Joseph's Lullaby captures the emotions every dad can relate to when trying to calm a restless child. Rarely do I get throught this song without tearing up. Christmas is about celebrating the time when Jesus came from heaven down to earth and took on the form of man. He was completely human and completely God all at once.

If you've never heard this song, you may have to watch it twice to really absorb it all.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment