Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Song Countdown: #26 March from The Nutcracker

One of Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky's finest works was composing the music for the ballet "The Nutcracker".  The Russian composer wrote music we are all familiar with like The 1812 Overture and Swan Lake.  His most popular and quite possibly best work is The Nutcracker.  This ballet and its music are synonymous with Christmastime.  This is one of those songs that doesn't remind me why we have Christmas, but it reminds me that it is Christmas.  Much like some of the previous songs I've posted, this one takes me back to childhood. My mother is a huge fan of Tchaikovsky and plays his music all the time.  I hope you enjoy this music this morning and that it puts you in the Christmas Spirit as it does me.

March from The Nutcracker
by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky

No comments:

Post a Comment